We all know winter is coming (sorry but someone had to say it) and that means it’s time to brace for colder weather. That also means we should start prepping our skin now and that can be fun!
The impact winter has on our skin:
● Make skin conditions worse such as, eczema, psoriasis and acne
● The cold and wind weather can dry the skin out
● Lots of us have the heating on high during the winter and that can dry our skin out!
● The cool air can tighten pores and reduce the amount of oil naturally produced – this can allow bacteria to enter and cause breakouts
● Change of temperature, with lots of us leaving the cold and going into a warm room can cause capillaries in your face to contract and expand quickly which can cause redness This does sound like a lot and can cause more people to dread winter, as it takes more maintenance to get our skin under control. Before you despair there are natural remedies to prepare your skin for winter! We believe that what you put on your skin is just as important as what you put inside, that’s why we believe in natural ingredients.
To reduce it:
● Eat food (great excuse) particularly those high in oils such as Omega
3 and 6. Some of these foods include eggs, flax seeds, tofu, soy beans,
● Drink lots of water to rehydrate skin
● Exfoliate gently
● Turn to richly moisturising products
● Make sure to look for anti-inflammatory ingredients
These anti-inflammatory ingredients are in shea butter, which also has a mild SPF element to it and we are all told to able sunscreen all year round. This superfood is also great for eczema and psoriasis containing lots of great vitamins such as A, F and E.
Free radicals and the environment can do a number on our skin and these properties can help battle free radicals. This can help psoriasis as it helps lock in moisture.
Grapeseed oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, can balance oily and dry skin and contains Omega 3 and 6 acids (need we say more?!). It can help improve skin elasticity, softening and evening skin tone.
This oil is packed full with antioxidants and Omega 6 fatty acids. This can provide deep hydration for our skin and reduce redness. The other amazing
benefit of this ingredient is that it can help reduce acne by getting sebum
levels, the oil naturally produced, under control.
This ingredient is an anti-inflammatory, not only great for dry skin it can help eczema, which can flare up in the cold weather. This oil can also promote skin cell regeneration while reducing dead skin, great for
If you want to learn more check out our social media and our website
www.naturallytribalgroup.com and #JoinTheTribe!
A natural triber