Shea butter has been used by ancient queens, Cleopatra, Nefertiti and Queen of Sheba, which shows the prominence of this centuries old ingredient! Shea butter, our hero ingredient, is in every single one of our products and here’s why..
Shea butter is full of natural goodness:
- Anti inflammatory properties which calms skin and reduces redness
- Anti oxidants, which are important anti-aging agents
- Contains vitamins A & E, protecting skin from free radicals which can lead to dull looking skin
- Mild SPF, layer over sunscreen to give added protection
- An occlusive, which prevents water loss due to barrier creation
- A humectant, attracting and retaining moisture
- An emollient, locking in moisture and smoothing skin
We learnt that the efficacy of the product comes from the raw and organic ingredients. Because of this we located a source of Shea butter in Africa, the Kingdom of Essan. In order to build a relationship and support the community we have begun building a factory in Essan to process the Shea Butter. Due to the high quantity of Shea nuts in Africa and the amount of women in this industry the ingredient has been nicknamed ‘women’s gold’. Every purchase from Naturally Tribal helps to support and empower these women.
Shea butter has high concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins making it fantastic for skin:
- Great for managing dry skin, the creamy consistency makes it ideal to
spread over your skin.
- Eczema, helps soothe skin and absorbs quickly – this organic
ingredient helped to manage our founders son’s eczema!
- Helps improve skin elasticity through collagen production
- Amazing for stretch marks, it can prevent scar tissue reproducing and
encourage cell regeneration
- Great for nappy rash as it is gentle and natural on baby’s skin
If you enjoyed this post please share, we would love to hear what shea
butter has done for your skin! #JoinTheTrIbe
A fellow triber